Thursday, January 15, 2015

Travelling in Ecuador: Zorrocucho

If you're wondering what is that strange word in the main title, let me explain it to you.  "Zorrocucho" comes from the words "Zorro", that means fox, and "cucho" (a quichua word) that means nook . It's also known as "Llaviucu": "Llavi" means key and "ucu" means hole or bottom. My family and I have gone there a bunch of times. I've visited this place since I was a little girl, and I absolutely love it.


If you depart from Cuenca (a 40 minute trip), this wonderful place is the beginning of Cajas National Park. Once you get in the protected area, you would have to walk a lot to get to the lagoon called Llaviucu. But don't worry, the walking trails are beautiful.




It's a gorgeous place to take photos, to walk, connect with nature and take a break from the stressful city. If you want to visit this place I recommend you to wear warm clothes, like scarves, jackets, gloves... you know, warm clothes. Also, you need to bring your own food because there's nowhere to buy some. There used to be a little cafeteria, but not anymore.





Visit Zorrocucho, it's wonderful. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment